Hangang Yeouido Spring Flower Festival 2009
April 6, 2009 (Monday) – April 18, 2009 (Saturday) [13 days]
– Cultural Event: April 8 (Wednesday) – April 12 (Sunday) [5 days]
“Flowers Bloom in Heaven by Nature”
Opening ceremony, parade, live performances (47 domestic and international performance companies; all free of charge; “Fringe” team, and more), exhibitions (flower decoration exhibitions, travel photography exhibition, composition contest, poetry recitals, etc.)
Yeouido Park and Yeouiseo-ro (Behind the National Assembly)
Opening Ceremony & Parade:
The beginning of the festival to bring unity to the citizens
– Cultural Art Performance: Domestic and foreign performance teams, fringe team free participation (Recruitment of the fringe teams will be announced later)
– Exhibitions and more: Flower Decoration Exhibition, Culture Tourism Photo Exhibition, Poem Recitation, Writing Contest, etc.
In Yeouido during the festival, 1,641 Wangbeot (big cherry) trees whose original home is Jeju-do, Korea, as well as 87,859 trees of 13 species, including azalea, forsythia, royal azalea, bridal wreath and deutzia are in full bloom. The feast of spring then starts with Hangang’s open space as its background. Programs of the spring flower festival include a performance by a professional parade team with citizen participation, the opening ceremony with beautiful spring flowers, a variety of cultural art performances in Yeouiseo-ro and ‘Flower Decoration Exhibition’ with shiny gestures of spring flowers.
The festival is upgraded with citizen participation and cultural art performances.
‘Customized Bus’ service is provided to pass Yeouido Station, Dangsan Station and Yeouinaru Station with extended hours.
This convenient public transportation offers easier access to the festival.
And special lighting will shine on cherry flowers to create a beautiful and romantic spring night.
– By Subway
* Line 2 Dangsan Station (Exit 4) 15 minutes on foot
* Line 5 Yeouinaru Station (Exits 1-3) 20 minutes on foot
* Line 5 Yeouido Station (Exit 1) 25 minutes on foot
– By Bus
* (Express) 8153, 153, 363, 461, 753
* (Local) 5615, 6336, 5618, 5713, 6633, 7613
* (General) 1002, (Seat) 1008
Travel Information Telephone:
+82-2-1330 (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)